Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just A Thought...

  
Well? Did you try it? How did the day go?


For one day ... did you try to put a positive spin on any negative that came your way?


I know, I know, it can be rather difficult because you have so much to consider before you respond. And who has that kind of time in this fast paced day and age?


Perhaps that's the problem! We all have succumb to the "super-highway" way of thinking. The internet has been a blessing as well as a curse for some of us. Media in general has made us all rather jaded to some degree. We judge each other without knowing the complete story. We over think, or under think a matter with a knee jerk reaction. Only to reflect on it later and wish we had or hadn't said this or that. Yes, hindsight is "20/20"! And since we know this to be a fact, why do we continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over again?


This tongue of ours is definitely a two-edged sword on so many levels that it's scary to think that we kiss our loved ones with the mouth in which said sword is housed. Too often, I've found myself wanting to join a nunnery of sorts. A place where I would be expected to "keep my mouth shut" unless it was found that I had something of value to say. But then again, I should have enough self control over my own words by choosing to think before I speak. Yes, the choice is mine and mine alone. Just as the choice is yours ... and yours alone.


Choose to encourage someone today!


Choose to commit this random act of kindness in spite of your own current circumstances. You never know whose life you'll touch, and perhaps change for the better, if you'd only take the time to do this.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Come back to my blog sometime and tell me how "YOU" made a positive difference or a positive change in your own life or in someone else's life.


It can be done. We just have to decide to do it!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. You have blessed me today. I will endeavour to be more positive...

    ReplyDelete